As time changes, so do our methods of performing any task. In this digital era, where everything around us is digitalized, we tend to take the help of technology to fight with people or any deadly havoc.
Today the world is facing havoc caused by a pandemic disease COVID-19. It started in Wuhan, China, but now is slowly spreading to all parts of the world and infecting many people. Some people can cope up with the situation and can recover, but some cases are also resulting in death.
The number of cases is rising, and scientists are still not able to develop any vaccine for coronavirus. Despite the nationwide lockdown, the facts are increasing. So what we can do for the best is to keep yourself safe from the deadly virus and follow the safety measures.
So what we can do best from our side to protect ourselves from the disease and stop it from spreading to others is to follow some guidelines. The Ministry of Health and Family welfare requested the people to follow the safety guidelines
- HANDS-Wash your hands regularly for 20 sec with soap or alcohol-based hand wash and water.
- ELBOW-Cover your nose and mouth with a disposable tissue or flexed elbow when you sneeze or cough.
- FACE-Don’t touch your eyes, nose, and mouth if your hands are not clean.
- SPACE- Avoid close contact with people who are ill.
- HOME-Stay at home if you can. And if you don’t feel well, then self isolate yourself from others.
The government of India is taking all the necessary steps required to fight the COVID-19 disease, and one of the steps in them is the AAROGYA SETU application.
Aarogya Setu is a mobile application developed by the government of India, intending to connect essential health services with the people of India. To be specific, it is produced by the National Informatics Centre that comes under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India.
This application is an aid to our fight against COVID 2019. The app empowers the users by giving them the necessary details and assessments regarding coronavirus. AAROGYA SETU is a tracking application that uses mobile phones, Bluetooth, and GPS tracking features to track and detect the coronavirus. It is available for both the android and IOS mobile operating systems.
The user is asked to fill in a health and other information about traveling after signing into the application. The aarogya setu app uses Bluetooth technology and tries to determine the risk of coronavirus by analyzing if someone is near a COVID infected person within a range of 6 feet distance. This detection is done by scanning the database of known cases across India. Then it compares the location of COVID infection cases with the user based on the data available.
Aarogya setu is an updated version of Corona kavach, which has been discontinued now. The corona kavach was also developed by the government of India.
Arogya setu became so much popular in such a short time, and it crossed 5 million downloads within the first three days of its launch.
Some of the highlights of the application are
- Details regarding the initiatives taken by the government of India against fighting coronavirus
- Risks, safety measures to take by the Department of health
- Tracking and tracing infected people
- Self-assessment tools
Some more details about the application
- Released on one April 2020
- Offered by NIC Nov Mobile Apps
- Download size 2.9 MB
- Available in 11 languages
- Privacy of customers kept in mind
- Data shared id encrypted and secure
- Permission needed
- Run foreground service
- Run at startup
- Have full network access
- View network connections
- Prevent phone from sleeping
- Play install referrer API
- Pair with Bluetooth devices
- Receive data from the internet
- Built-in Application Programming Interface so that other computer programs, mobile applications, and web services can make use of the features and data available by the aarogya setu application.
WHY AAROGYA SETU?
- Protect yourself and the community from COVID-19
- Precision tracking of the spread of COVID-19
- Access curated relevant advisory
- Self-assessment test for infection mitigation
- Help and support at hand
The government of India requests every citizen of India to download the aarogya setu app And states that downloading this application is a step forward to protecting ourselves and our family and loved ones.