Mindfulness means achieving a state where you can be aware of yourself and your surrounding activities. You can vividly feel your body sensations and can have control over your emotions.
Through mindfulness, we can achieve a state of calm and happiness where we can live every moment of our life to the fullest.
How can you practice and learn mindfulness from your daily life? Here are some ways of doing so.
In this busy life where people do not even get time to sleep without engaging in mobile, take out some time away from the online world, and enjoy and feel these daily activities.
- Eat mindfully
Do not use anything or watch TV, which can distract you from enjoying your meal. Smell the food, enjoy the taste, observe, and feel when your food goes down your spine.
- Walk mindfully
Feel the floor or ground in which you are walking, observe the things around you. And you will be amazed by the sight you haven’t noticed before.
- Observe your breathing
Your breathing occurs every second. Observing your breath is a type of meditation. When you pay attention to your breathing, you get to know more about your body. You free yourself from the outside world and realize your inner spirit.
- Connect your senses
Try to connect to your senses- touch, smell, taste, sound, sight. Observe how you feel and how you react to things.
- Pause between action
Pause and observe things. For example, if someone is at the door and ringing the bell, pause and listen to the sound. Observe the little things around you, and you will see the world differently.
- Listen wholeheartedly
We have a habit of not listening to others appropriately. Change this habit and try to be on the shoes of the person sharing or giving you instructions.
- Get lost in the flow of doing things you love.
Nothing feels better than to enjoy doing the things which you love. Try to grab the most out of the things you love to do. Get lost in your world and experience.
- Meditate daily
It won’t take a lot of your time. Just a 10 min of meditation daily would open doors to new places for you.
- Travel or mix up your routine
You feel fresh and new on the holidays because you’ll get away from your daily work or routine. You ‘ll get to try new things. Try to learn something new or go places where you haven’t been to, or anything new, try to take a different route.
- Observe your thoughts and emotions
To have control over your thoughts and emotions, you first need to observe and understand them. Try to understand your feelings, your reactions to a particular situation.
MINDFULNESS IN DEVELOPING WORKING MEMORY
- Mindfulness exercise can help students manage stressful situations at day as well as boarding school and in life.
- Helping students develop a positive and supportive inner voice can improve working memory and resilience.
- Conducting mindful and relaxing body scans can improve working memory and overall learning.
- Daily mindful meditations can improve working memory, reading comprehension, and test results
- Working memory can be enhanced if students learn to self-regulate or manage their emotions.
- Deep breathing has a positive impact on memory, mood, attention, and even happiness.
- The temporary state of mindfulness can become a long term trait if we practice it every day for 5 minutes
- Before a test, reducing anxiety through relaxation techniques can improve student performance.
- Helping students make a conscious effort to exercise visualization abilities can make their mental image more vivid and detailed.
- A great way to help students maintain attention and improve working memory is to help them visualize academic content.