NEET 2020

NEET 2020: NATIONAL TESTING AGENCY MOST LIKELY TO RELEASE THE NEET RESULTS TODAY

The result for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2020 will most probably be announced by the National Testing Agency on 12th October 2020. The final answer key will also be released on Monday on the official website- https://ntaneet.nic.in/ntaneet/welcome.aspx

The result date was earlier confirmed by the NTA officials although no official notification was released. NTA will also release the merit list and Rank-list for All-India Quota (AIQ), and the State-Wise merit list would be shared with the respective state authorities. The states constitute up to 85% of the total medical and dental seats. The remaining 15% belongs to the AIQ, and the marks/ NEET ranks are expected to vary for the same.

The NEET 2020 was conducted on 13th September, and approximately 15.93 lakh candidates appeared for the exam, which was 90% of the total registered candidates. Approximately 15.97 lakhs students had registered for the exam. The exam was postponed several times due to the prevalent COVID-19 situation in the country. The students had also made an appeal to the Supreme Court for the further postponement of the examination in the view of the current coronavirus situation in the country. The plea was rejected by the Apex Court, and the exam was set to be held as per the pre-decided schedule. 

The cut-off is expected to soar higher this year as the number of test-takers increased, and due to the lockdown, students got more time to prepare for the examination. The paper was also easier compared to the previous year’s papers. The General category students need to score 50% to clear the entrance test. 

NEET 2020 ALL INDIA QUOTA

15% of the total seats in NEET are reserved under the All-India Quota which includes seats from government colleges, central and deemed universities. Seats under Employees’ State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) and Armed Forced Medical College (AFMC) would also be assessed. 

NEET is a highly competitive exam in India that provides students with an opportunity to get admission into the top medical colleges. It is one of the most sought after examination with lakhs of aspirants appearing for the exam every year. 

NTA has also indicated a possibility of conducting a NEET 2020 phase 2 examination for the candidates who missed the paper because of being tested for COVID-19. There is a possibility that the exam will be held for all those who missed the paper due to coronavirus, although no official dates or notification has been released. 

The officials are expecting to release the results as soon as possible to avoid any further delay in the academic calendar. The pandemic has already postponed the commencement of the new session, and any more delay would cause the students to face problems. The authorities are also considering conducting a phase 2 examination for the students who missed the NEET 2020 due to COVID-19. This process will further extend the entire process. 

The final answer key for all the sets is also likely to be released by NTA on 12th October 2020. A provisional answer sheet is available on the official website 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *