Where can I find the best boarding schools in India? There are thousands of boarding schools all over India and it can be hard to choose the right one for you or your child. My name is Tarun and I know how confusing it is to know where to start. Every parent wants the best for their child and this is the reason why so much thought goes into finding the right school, whether it’s a school or a tutor.
Education in the best boarding schools in India
A boarding school is an educational institution where students live in addition to getting academic instruction. In case you want your child to get the best education, then you should definitely send them to one of the best boarding schools in India. These days, there are so many parents who want their kids to go to one of the top boarding schools in India as it helps them become more self-dependent and learn about life in general. There are many types of education in the best boarding schools in India.
The most popular types of education are :
1) Conventional residential schools. These are the most common type of schools and they are mainly owned by the government.
2) Public boarding schools. This is another type of school that offers education at all academic levels and it is controlled by the local, state, or federal government. The other type of school is private boarding schools which are privately owned by an individual or a company. Private schools have a different academic curriculum than the public ones and they can choose to admit students in their choice, mostly based on religious and ethnic considerations
3) Religious boarding schools. There are some religious groups that own private boarding schools where they only teach students based on their own religious values and beliefs.
4) Military boarding schools. These are more disciplined like military training camps and there are just a few students who join them because of their tough curriculums and strict rules and regulations.
The best boarding schools in India follow the CBSE or ICSE curriculum. While CBSE is a more common choice, a few schools, such as Lawrence School Lovedale and Patha Bhavan, offer an integrated curriculum up to class 10, and then students can opt for either the ICSE or CBSE boards. Many good boarding schools also offer IB (International Baccalaureate) Diploma Programme for 11th and 12th standard.
The cost of admission to the best boarding school in India varies from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 15 lakh per annum. The location of the school and its infrastructure determine the fee structure. Besides tuition fees, you need to pay additional charges such as development fees, library, uniform charges, etc. If your child is a first-time border, he/she may also be required to buy items like bedding and a study table which will be charged separately.
The best boarding schools in India
The best boarding schools in India cater to the holistic development of students. They offer a range of modern facilities and amenities to students. The main aim of these schools is to make them well-equipped to face the world when they graduate from school.
The best boarding schools in India offer their students a number of facilities and activities.
1) Well-equipped laboratories: In order to ensure that students are exposed to all modern facilities, the best boarding schools in India have well-equipped laboratories for subjects like physics, chemistry, biology, computer science, and mathematics.
2) Library: The library is an important part of any educational institution. It is a storehouse of knowledge. The library at the best boarding schools in India has books on a wide range of subjects. Students can use the library during their free time or as part of their studies.
3) Sports: Boarding schools offer a wide range of sports facilities like cricket, football, hockey, basketball, volleyball, tennis and badminton courts. Students can choose from these according to their interests and inclination.
4) Transportation: The best boarding schools in India provide transport facilities for students so that they don’t have to worry about commuting to school every day. This also helps parents who are living abroad or outstation
Advantages of the best boarding schools in India
Boarding schools in India – The advantages of boarding schools surpass the disadvantages. This is why the best boarding schools in India are in great demand. Here are the advantages of these schools.
Develops social skills: One of the major benefits of boarding school is that it helps your child to develop better social skills. Your child will learn how to interact with other people, make friends and survive in a community. All this will be of great help when he/she goes for higher studies as well as professional life.
Independence: When your child stays away from you, he/she learns how to take care of himself/herself and become more independent. He/she will develop a sense of responsibility too. In other words, his/her personality will grow tremendously.
Good education: Education is not just about academics; it is also about learning values, gaining knowledge, and becoming a better person. The best boarding schools in India ensure that students get proper education that prepares them for life ahead.
Boarding schools in India provide all these benefits and much more to the students who enroll themselves for studies here. So, if you want your child to develop into a good human being and lead a successful life, then admit him/her into one such school today itself!
Top 5 best boarding schools in India
- Ecole Globale Girls International School
- The Doon School
- Welham Girls’ School
- Scindia Kanya Vidyalaya
- Woodstock School